Let me start by addressing that I am fully aware that I've been slacking lately with my blogging. I've been very busy and, to be honest, the holidays only make my life that much more chaotic.
My first thanksgiving was pretty cool. Any holiday that consists mainly of eating, sleeping and watching football has my vote. However, I must admit it was a bit disgusting watching dad see just how much of mom's gooey butter cake he could cram into his face. Of course I didn't get anything to eat except milk but I clearly have a lot to look forward to on future holidays.
I had my 2 month doctors appt (a bit behind schedule) last week with Dr. Yap, which had its ups and downs. The up was that I'm apparently growing at a healthy rate. I'm in the 90th percentile in weight (13 lbs 7 oz) and off the charts in length (25.5 inches). Who knows what that means but they tell me its healthy. The bad part was I've got a pretty severe case of craddle cap and eczema but Dr. Yap prescribed me some meds that should take care of it. Next.....I got shots. Two to be exact. Mom said I cried but I'm pretty sure I just flinched and took it like a man. I happened to yawn right before the shots so that clearly explains why my eyes were watering.
I think I've finally got this smiling thing down pat. Dad thinks I smile because he's funny, but I don't have the heart to sit there and stare at him when he's trying to make me laugh. He's pretty unfunny. I'm still working on the laughing and talking. Every once in a while I manage to let out a loud yell but I'm still not real sure how I do it yet. It usually just comes out as a violent full-body flailing when I try to talk, but I'm working on it. I think I've got a couple of videos of me trying to talk so hopefully dad will get those uploaded and yall can take a look. Later on.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment