Hola amigos. Como estan? I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a very happy new year. Ours was a bit interesting. I think most of you know but I'll rehash for kicks. We headed to OKC the day before Christmas Eve, and it was a good thing we did or we would not have made it anywhere! On Christmas Eve, Mother Nature decided to dump 14 inches of snow on the entire Central United States leaving OKC looking like a war zone. So, we celebrated Christmas Eve at Aunt Chelle's with the Kirby family, McCullough family, and Grammy and Grandpa. It was quite humorous because Auntie Amber was determined that their family was not going to spend the night at Aunt Chelle's...instead they were going to go home. Needless to say, that didn't happen; they were snowed in with poor Kinley only having 2 diapers left in her arsenal! Unfortunately, I couldn't share my diapers with her b/c I have not quite matched her size. I think they had to do some interesting maneuvering on that one! :) Grandpa, Kaden, and Kohl had a fun time playing out in the snow. I can't wait until I am old enough to partake in those activities...it looked like fun! Who knew Grandpa was such a winter weather lover...I guess that comes from growing up in Omaha!
Well, I kept hearing that Christmas was all about Jesus' birth. On Christmas morning, mommy and daddy read me the story all about Jesus' birth. What an cool story. They tell me that as I get older I can come to know this Jesus person. They tell me he's great, so can't wait to get to know Him more!
I had also heard about this guy named Santa coming for Christmas. I guess he couldn't make it to Aunt Chelle's on Christmas morning like usual due to the crazy weather, but he managed to show up later that morning. He brought me lots of good stuff. I can't wait to play with the toys!
So, back to our Christmas travels. On Christmas day, we were supposed to head to Omaha to see everyone there. Well, as you can imagine, that didn't happen. It ended up working out...as we went to see my Me-Ma and Grumps in Stillwater for the day. It was great to see them and my aunts and uncles there.
So, then we finally left for Omaha the next day, but that's just the beginning. The weather was somewhat iffy, but we (Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, and Grandpa) all decided to go ahead and leave and just get a hotel if the roads got bad. The ride up there was relatively uneventful until we hit York, NE and found out they had closed all the major highways out of there. There was no way out!! On top of that, we soon became frightfully aware that we weren't the only ones that were going to need a hotel room for the night. Dad made a few calls only to be told there was no vacancy in the entire town. Mom was almost in tears, parents were at each others throat, Grandpa and Grammy were trying to ease the situation but it looked inevitable that we'd be sleeping in the Tahoe for the night. Fine by me, I thought...my carseat is pretty comfy! But thankfully, Dad continued to call the list of hotels and got very lucky when the receptionist at the New Victorian Inn told him they just had a cancellation. She said it was a suite though...for 75 bucks a night. Nice, huh? Oh well, the Man upstairs was looking out for us anyhow and at this point we didn't care what it was. The "suite" in this place was a normal sized room with a small cutout area for a stinky fold out couch. Nothing special but it was clean and we had a roof over our head and a couple of beds to sleep on. We made it through the night and safely arrived in Omaha the next day. All in all it was stressful, but it worked out. We had a wonderful time once we made it to Omaha. It was so great to see Grandma Sue, Grandpa Lenny, and Aunt Katie again. I hadn't seen them in person since I was born...and frankly, I don't remember much about that! I got to meet my great grandparents, Nonnie and Pampa, for the first time. They were super cool...my Nonnie loved to hold me as much as she could! The trip to Omaha also provided opportunity to meet lots of other relatives that I have been wanting to meet. I got to meet my other great grandparents, a bunch of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Man, am I blessed by the tons of family I have.
Well, I think that about sums up our Christmas experience! I'll hollar back soon with some more updates and some fun pictures. My mommmy is still trying to figure out how to upload the pics! :)
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment